Monday April 4, 11, 25, May 2, 9.
Tuesday April 5, 12, 26, May 3, 10.
This prenatal course in English enables expectant international couples to feel comfortable about having a baby in the Netherlands. The Childbirth Preparation Course is intended for couples more than 26 weeks pregnant (preferable around 30-32 weeks). Five evenings (19.00-21.00) on a Monday or Tuesday and one postnatal reunion in the weekend.
Advantage of the Five weekly course:
There is more time to let all the information sink in and to practise at home (homework every week), more time to ask questions and hold discussions, and last but not least: there is a baby reunion attached five weeks after all the babies are born. There will be a Whatsapp/ Signal group and you can enlarge your network with other young international parents.
If you don’t feel comfortable with Face-to-face classes, please check out my four-weekly course ONLINE
Subjects to be handled
- How the health system treats childbirth in the Netherlands
- Dilation, what happens in your body; when to call the midwife or hospital
- Attitude towards contractions and pain
- Different ways to cope with labour and how partner can support
- Breathing and massage in the different stages of labour
- Pain relief possibilities
- Helping you to make informed choices and handle concerns
- Exercises such as pushing in different positions
- If birth needs help: induction, vacuum, C-section
- Referral to English breastfeeding information
- Referral to doulas; other courses and related websites
- Dutch habits and customs
- First week with baby, bonding
- Postnatal depression
- Hand-outs of subjects handled in course (including birth stories and birth plan concept)
- Your questions answered
- Planning baby reunion