about 8-10 weeks before expected due date.
If you prefer individual prenatal preparation, just for you and your birth partner in the comfort of your own home, book a one-off private consultation.
Please tell me what you expect and need in this intensive two-and-a-half hour private consultation.
Subjects to be handled
- Dilation, what happens in your body; when to call the midwife or hospital
- Attitude towards contractions and pain
- Different ways to cope with labour and how partner can support
- Breathing and massage in the different stages of labour
- Pain relief possibilities
- Helping you to make informed choices and handle concerns
- Exercises such as pushing in different positions
- Referral to English breastfeeding information
- Referral to doulas; other courses and related websites
- Handouts of subjects handled in course (including birth stories and birth plan concept)
- Your questions answered